I haven’t tried Saigon Water Bus, although I’ve heard alot about it. At that time, since the Corona Virus was not raging yet, I put it on the waiting list and was busy traveling to far away places. It was planned to be a one-time only experience, but since I liked it so much, there will definitely be next times. 😭😂
What is the Saigon Water Bus?
Saigon Water Bus – the river bus route departs from Bach Dang Wharf (District 1) through Binh An, Thanh Da, Hiep Binh Chanh and stops at Linh Dong Wharf (Thu Duc District) – officially operated since 2017.
This is one of the favorite relaxing activities in HCM (Saigon), because the fare is quite cheap at only 15,000VND/ ticket (same price for all routes) for a distance of nearly 11 km and because it is suitable for all types of tourists: from families with little angels to couples, or those who are in the mood and want to be alone but are afraid of being lonely >D<
Saigon Water Bus departs daily, but as the number of visitors increases on weekends, more tours are added.
- Departure: C1, C2, C4, C5, C7, C8, C10, C11, C13, C15
- Return: L1, L2, L4, L5, L8, L10, L11, L13, L15
- Weekends (Saturday, Sunday)
- Departure: (added) C3, C6, C9, C12, C14
- Return: (added) L3, L6, L9, L12, L14
If you want more free space for beautiful virtual photos and cool air (and maybe to avoid being startled by the unexpected screams of excited kids taking their first water bus 🤣), going on weekdays around 15h00 – 16h00 is the best choice for you.
A little more information needed
- Bach Dang Wharf is located at 10B Ton Duc Thang Str., Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC.
- About 20m from the Water Bus Welcome Gate, there is a parking lot with reasonalbe fee (only 6,000VND/ scooter).
- You can buy your tickets directly at the wharf or book them online. But in my experience, there is no need to book tickets in advance. Because the bus runs very punctually, if you get stuck in traffic jam or get lost and arrive late, you cannot change your ticket. Don’t worry about long queues, buying tickets at the wharf doesn’t take long.
- If you are in the mood to just experience a river bus, getting off at Thanh Da Wharf is perfect. Then take a leisurely stroll in what is known as the “peaceful oasis in the heart of Saigon”, taking photos of the shimmering afternoon sun with the background of buildings and apartments that have existed for nearly half a century, fill your hungry stomach with all kinds of treats,…
Some pictures along the way
The review comes finally to an end. See you guys on the next trip >D<
From Anh Trần with Love ♥️